A Pinnacle High School - Casa Grande high school diploma is issued to students who have completed a minimum of twenty-two (22) high school credits that meet the requirements of the state. Students are permitted to exceed the minimum graduation requirements by taking additional coursework towards university entrance.
Pinnacle High School - Casa Grande encourages all students preparing to graduate at the end of the school year to stay in constant contact with their Intervention Specialist. Beginning in March, graduation packets will be sent out with information regarding graduation ceremony location and cap and gown costs. We do encourage students to invite their families, take pictures and celebrate with their Pinnacle High School - Casa Grande peers. Graduation is an exciting time and the Pinnacle staff encourages all students to participate because it is a great accomplishment to walk the stage and receive a diploma.
The State Board is responsible for setting statewide minimum requirements for graduation from high school, which can be found in Arizona Administrative Code R7-2-302. Districts and charter schools may, at their discretion, establish graduation credit requirements for their students in addition to the statewide requirements. The statewide minimum course of study requires students to take a minimum of 22 credits:
- Four credits of English or English as a Second Language
- Three credits in social studies to include one credit of American history, including: Arizona history; one credit of world history/geography; one-half credit of American government, including Arizona government; and one-half credit of economics
- Four credits of mathematics to minimally include Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 (or a personal curriculum), and a fourth course that contains high school content
- Three credits of science in preparation for proficiency at the high school level on the statewide science assessment
- One credit of fine arts or career and technical education and vocational education
- Seven credits of additional courses are prescribed by the local school district governing board or charter school
- Social Studies Requirement - all High School students must pass the Civics portion of the exam
In order to graduate from Pinnacle High School - Casa Grande, students need to meet the following minimum requirements:
|English or English as a Second Language
|Fine Arts or Career and Technical Education